Tuesday 8 July 2008

They're in season and thery're red hot!

It's finally summertime, and although British weather is so unpredictable, the temperature is still confirming summer season, and with this, I am so excited in getting different fruits into my fruit basket and prepare them each meal we have.
Tonight, I have the pleasure to open up and slice a huge seedless watermelon for which we have tucked into after our dinner. It's such a sweet red darling that I can not help but take a photo of it.
Just having a bit of this lush in the table make our dinner special. To be honest, we're all bored and tired with apples, pears, oranges, and all those plums, and nectarines, berries and the like. They looked nice and beautiful from the supermarkets, but once they arrive into our fruit bowls, nobody touches them, so I feel I am just wasting money. But being a mum, I feel obliged to feed the family at least five kinds of fruit and vegetable a day. So this summer is just great for different tastes in the table, hmmmmmm.

No comments: