Thursday 10 July 2008

BRAVE?

Rock Climber Surfer 2 I have always been adventurous since being a young girl, and now that I have my own family, I'd like my kids to experience the same, and become confident and overcome their fears. But in our modern world now, I could not help but get paranoid about what they are getting themselves into. I do not know how to explain this, but I feel that danger is just lurking around all the time, and so I check, plan, risk assess, and a lot more before I could let the children run free or join activities. And as I do this, I feel I am limiting the fun. When I was young, I am brave to try almost anything such as mountain climbing, swimming not in the pool but rivers and ponds, and lots more without supervision, but now that I'm grown up and became a mum, I am fearful all the time, not for myself, but for my family. It's very hard to let go.





No comments: